Ofwhatitis has moved to http://ofwhatitis.com

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

[TV]New TV Shows Round Up.

4 new TV shows caught my interest. If I didn't have a Tivo I wouldn't be able to find the time since I have a job that often requires me to work evenings and I just don't have the bandwidth to download a buncha stuff I don't even know if I like.

Strangely, 3 of the shows are on NBC. Studio 60, 30 Rock and 20 Good Years. Also strangely, The shows all have numbers in the names. Kind of reminds me of a time in the late 90's when every band had numbers in the name, Blink 182, SR71, and Project 86 come to mind. So, with out further adieu...

Freak Show. David Cross shares writing credits with a guy who has acted in the movie "New york minute". The show is pretty funny for a first episode and will offend the PC. It has some potty humor but also has some smart jokes so it all kind of evens out. David Cross does several voices and I think a guy who the voice for Coach Mcgirk from home movies does as a well. All in all worth checking out.

I couldn't find a video for freak show.

Studio 60. It's made by Aaron Sorkin who was responsible for "The West Wing". It is a drama about producing a comedy show. The writers have been spot on with some good plot twists in the first 30 episodes and I think the moments seem well scripted and believable. It gets better every episode so this one also gets my recomendation.

Adblock
Adblock


30 Rock. Is Tina Fey's new show about a sketch comedy show as well, this one is more about being funny. I have only seen the pilot and was a lil disappointed. It's not that is wasn't funny, it just could have had way more funnies. I do see alot of potential in it. I'll wait for a few more episodes with this one.

Adblock


20 Good Years. Features John Lithgow(No references needed) and Jeffery Tambor(Arrested Development) and was also a little bit disappointing. The writers are basically unheard of the jokes were ok. 1 particularly funny moment featured John Lithgow in a tiny bathing suit. I dunno, maybe I just hate situation comedies. I will say that it's better than 90 of what's on television so I'll give it a chance.

No comments: