Ofwhatitis has moved to http://ofwhatitis.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

New Crap Tuesdays 3/20/07

Disclaimer... bl;ogger is being weird and I can't figure out why my post looks so funny...



Good week for music, not so much for DVD...


DVD


Blood Diamond:

I watched this movie in a sneak preview at my theater, it was pretty good. A lot of people were turned off by Leo DiCaprio's accent but I thought he nailed it. Plenty of action and blood plus plenty of downtime for the ladies. Some people called it heavy handed, I call it a good rent if you've seen evrything else.

Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave

Ha ha another ROTLD, the 5th in the series, I'm not sure if this is strait to video or what but I'm sure it'll suck... In a good way... Here is a crappy homemade trailer...

Music

I'll Sleep When You're Dead by El-P

By far the best Hip-Hop album so far this year. Lots of unconventional guests like cat power and trent reznor. Cop this one for sure...

Drums And Guns by Low

Pretty good stuff, these guys are pretty consistent and I have listened to it a bunch...


We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank by Modest Mouse

Well, I'm sure everyone knows by Jhonny Marr of the Smiths fame is an official member of the band lending his guitar and songwriting talents. I personally haven't liked this and the last record but if you are a fan of "good news" then you will love this one...

Living With The Living by Ted Leo & The Pharmacists

I didn't like it... I think I already deleted my advance copy.