Ofwhatitis has moved to http://ofwhatitis.com

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Opening this weekend update...3/11/2007

On friday I posted this... (see post directly below)



Since then I have worked 23 hours of 49 possible and I have pretty much cleaned up after the messes of 5250 people (that is only for the movie 300 alone, we were busy for the movies wild hogs and bridge to terbithia and amazing grace) the worst being a toss up of the discarded underwear in a handicapped stall in the mens restroom or the vomit on the floor in a showing of "wild hogs" that the customer never told any staff about so it was a pleasant surprise. I'm not too mad about the customer not telling any staff that they puked, I would be quite embarassed myself but I am the type of person to offer to help clean it up. Fortunately we have something that deodorizes and solidifies any liquid/chewed-up food so that problem was easily solved.

1 thing I noticed alot of this weekend was people taking there small children to see rated r movies. The last time I noticed alot of that was the movie "apocalypto". I don't really have an opinion on wherther small children should watch something like 300 or "apocalypto" but I do wonder if people even think about what their children will think of it. Considering I usually observe one small child a day freaking out and crying and their parents having to explain that "it's only a movie and the girl in 'bridge to terbithia' didn't really die", I just don't ever wanna have to explain to my kid the concept of war and violence to a small child untill I'm ready.

To play the devils advocate, I work in the box office and I oftentimes see fathers and sons going to the movies and the father always asks me "do you guys have any horror or war movies"? I always assume in my head that the father hasn't always been around that the father is trying to make up for it by taking his son to a movie that mom would never let him see. I imagine them planning to tell mom they watched something animated and a couple years too young for for them and mom totally buying it and the kid going to school and telling all his friends that he got to see a rated r movie in the theater and all his friends being wowed by his story about how the guy in "apocalypto" beheads people and then rolls the heads down the steps of the pyramid.

I then imagine the kid in a few years not even wanting to been seen in public with any member of his family and how dad won't be able to get his sons admiration by taking him to see a movie where people get dismembered. I think if I have children I will want them to stay 8 forever so I can still impress them by taking them to see die hard.

But I digress, I watched "Wild Hogs" and I think it will be worth a rent, I laughed out loud and wished I could fall asleep as I knew after that I had to clean up after thousands of people.

No comments: